RMI Analytics AG, Baar, Switzerland
|“Conference”||means the World Barley, Malt and Beer Conference|
|“Event”||Means all other events organised by RMI|
|“Event App”||means the online event application for the Conference hosted by Provider|
|Price Competition||means any price competition in relation to RMI’s publications and websites|
|“Personal Data”||means all information relating to an identified or identifiable private person or legal entity|
|“Provider”||means external provider of software or data management systems|
|“User”||means the individual person or legal entity registering for Conferences, Events or Price Competitions|
2.1 RMI is organising Events, Conference and Price Competitions. RMI is supported by Provider in providing User the Event App or other online platforms that use Personal Data.
3.1 When User accesses the Event App or other online platforms User voluntarily provides certain Personal Data to RMI. Such Personal Data can include an IP address, name, gender, email address, telephone number, postal address, company affiliation, position, attendee status, photo, CV information, social media information necessary for, or provided during, sign-up as well as surfing patterns, and any other information User may provide to RMI.
3.2 RMI may receive certain Personal Data about User, being from social media networks or otherwise. RMI may also collect Personal Data which User actively provides, such as, for instance Personal Data that User writes on RMI’s social media pages (or Personal Data User exposes by ‘liking’ or ‘following’ or commenting on RMI’s pages or channels), and/or provides via other services. Such Personal Data is considered public, and may be collected by third parties beyond RMI’s control. Any Personal Data User exposes when contacting RMI, via email or otherwise, may also be collected.
3.3 RMI may collect User’s IP address and other Personal Data about User’s activities on the Event App or other online platforms. For example, RMI may record how many times User accesses the Event App or online platforms what content User accesses, and/or what device User uses. RMI may place cookies (i.e. small data packets) on User’s device for identification purposes and to increase usability and user experience. User may opt not to have cookies installed on his/her device, in which case User’s usability and user experience of the Event App or other online platforms may be limited.
3.4 At some point, User may decide to refer the Event App or other online platforms to others. Should this be done through the Event App or any other system of RMI or Provider, then Personal Data may be collected from such activity.
3.5 The Event App integrates functions (so called plugins) of various third party operators of social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+). Those plugins allow User to share content in social networks. If a plugin appears while accessing the Event App (e.g., the Facebook “like” button), a connection to the servers of the corresponding operator is automatically established. In such case Personal Data about the access to the Event App may be transferred to such third party operator. If User is logged into the network of the third party operator while at the same time accessing the Event App, Personal Data can be assigned to User’s social network account (e.g. User’s Facebook, Twitter or Google+ account).
3.6 RMI uses third party services to analyse surfing behaviour of its Users (e.g. Google Analytics). Those third parties may process the surfing data Users create on the Event App or other online platforms. Data collected this way is being transferred anonymously to servers of those third parties, also outside Switzerland, in particular to the U.S.A.
4.1 RMI intends to use the Personal Data it collects about User to provide to User, and to grant him/her access to, the Event App, and to support User during the attendance of the Conference and all other Events, which includes sharing Personal Data with Provider and with other attendees of the Conference and all other Events. In addition, RMI may use User’s Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Service: RMI may use the Personal Data to provide information to User about other conferences and events.
- Improvement of the Event App: For example, if RMI sees that it has many Users from a certain region, RMI may choose to improve Users’ experience by using the Personal Data.
- Communications: RMI may use the Personal Data it collects to contact User. For example, this may be for Event App promotional offers Event App related news. RMI will use commercially reasonable efforts to keep these communications simple, clear, and at an appropriate rate, as deemed reasonable by RMI. User may opt out from RMI’s communications by unsubscribing from such news.
- Price winners: RMI may contact the winner of a price competition to announce the price and handle the shipping of the price.
- Law: If, by law, RMI is required to disclose Personal Data, RMI will do so. Such disclosure may be to law enforcement, lawyers, courts, judges, or other parties. RMI may also transfer Personal Data in case RMI has decided to engage in a legal proceeding against User. This may happen, for example, if User engages in activity contrary to the interests of RMI. RMI may also share or transfer Personal Data in case RMI has reason to believe that by doing so illegal or harmful or malicious activity may be prevented.
4.2 User agrees that (i) User’s Personal Data may be accessed in, transferred to, and processed in countries with laws that may not guarantee the same level of data protection as in Switzerland; and (ii) that RMI may also engage third parties to manage or maintain User’s Personal Data, e.g. Provider.
RMI Analytics AG, Version 1, November 2017